2 letters for 1 account

sizax

Over the past month or so, I have recieved 2 collection notices from 2 seperate CAs for the same account. Only 1 of the CA shows up on my credit report (so far) One of the collections agencies is offering a better Pay off amount. Neither one of these I plan to pay unless I can get a PFD. Either way I think the SOL ends next year. Your thoughts?

Really, thats what im talking about. Which one could I sue and for what cause. Ive read how everyone can sue for many different reasons, but ive never understood the concept (i know that statement makes me sound incredibly dumb)

Im In California (Sacramento). the 2 creditors are Island National Group (which just showed up on my credit report after what looks like a name change) and Pallino Receivables (which is not on my credit report yet) both are for a Fingerhut account.

Let me guess.... Sears right? Nope, finger hut..... Well looks like they have adopted the Sears - double attack - system.

Each time you DV one creditor they sick another one on you. I would dispute them both and file a complaint against both with your States AGO.