2 Deletes... Only a 7 point jump?

baglady215

I got my 2 BIG collection TL's (Calvary - a repo and a CC - $11K total) deleted from TU! My score (from Truecredit.com) only went up 7 points, from 582 to 589. What gives?

Also, can these show up again, say if Calvary re-reports? And what are my chances of getting the TL's removed from EQ and EX? Does one bureau care what the others are doing?

Thx.

A good chunk of your score is based on factors that reflect exercising good credit behavior...

Like, long revolving credit histories, long payment histories for installment loans, good credit mix, low balances on revolving credit, etc...

Just because you removing something does not necessarily mean that your score is going to go through the roof. You still have to exercise good credit behavior...

RE: the reinsertion - if the CRA reinserts, by law they need to notify you within 5 days of the reinsertion, if they do not that is a violation.

Also one CRA does not care what the others are doing. If one deletes it does not mean the other 2 will. Many have asked if they can send the report from one CRA, showing no TL or showing that one CRA deleted, to the other two. The answer is always they don't care what the other CRA's are doing.

And Methuss just wrote this post re: scores if you haven't read it yet

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37545&sid=95558957961d69c50454ee3e7d906f22

I recently saw a bunch of my IIB's that should have been long gone, so I zealously had them removed. I got 7 of them deleted. Unfortunately, around half of them were my oldest. How is that going to affect me? I'm afraid to look!!

Who the heck knows how credit scoring works. It seems to change every day. My credit has been screwed for 3 years. Even my banker can't figure it out. I paid everything on time last year and got a 20 point jump. Hospital throws on a collection I have been paying on and my score dumps 120 points. Even when I seem to dispute and get things removed I know it is better for the long haul but it never seems to have any real immediate positive effect.

It seems once you had a few collections or negs, removing 1 or 2 doesn't affect the score as much, I noticed my score jumped 20 pts or so when I removed last collection (with still 2 lates left) but the earlier CA removal affects the score relatively little. In general, there is a big difference between 1 collection vs 0 collection, not as much between 3 and 5. In any case, the less badies, the faster the score will go up with the positive trade lines.