No reply to DV, Attorney for CA Calling

On 7/7/05 I received a letter from CA representing large national bank stating that I owe money. On 7/25/05 I sent a DV to the CA. CA received letter on 7/28/05. I have had no response to the DV. On 8/30/05 I received letter from arrorney representing CA saying I owe. I have not responded to this letter. 11/8/05 received voicemail from attorney's office saying I must call immediatly. 11/9/05 another call, daughter took message saying call immediatly. What do I do now?

I'd suggest sending a letter, CMRRR of course, to the attorney (who really is just another CA), including a copy of the letter you sent to the CA, and stating that the CA has not as yet reponded and that until they do, you consider the matter closed. Tell them that any further communication should be in writing.

They may decide to go ahead and sue...but you need to build your paper trail that shows you have tried to validate this matter as is your right under the FDCPA.