Question I have not seen addressed

debtor2112

Based on what I read, about 50% of CAs actually record their calls although many more will "say" they record them if only to serve as another collection tactic.

For those who do actually record, they probably do so to protect themselves; especially if they are actually trying to follow the law.

Second, CAs; especially those who are good at what they do, will use the information you reveal in a phone conversation in later calls...even when you are careful, you can give up a lot of useful information that a trained listener can later turn to his advantage - recording a call makes that process easier.

That's why many here will tell you to NEVER talk to these people by phone unless it's absolutely necessary...deal with them in writing.

That I'm aware of, more and more CA's are beginning to record all of their calls - though not every one of them do it. Reason: Too many lawsuits out there. However, you too, if you must talk with them on the phone, should record your call. Above all things, protect yourself!