Should I dispute this?

parakeyu

I would leave the TL alone since its positive. TU is notorius for deleting good TL because of disputes. I disputed some stuff on my TU once and they just updated the disputed TL and deleted good TL that were not even disputed. That was definitely a dispute gone wrong. Sad thing is that there was nothing I could do to get the TL back because the accounts were closed and no longer updating. Needless to say, I was a little ticked.

I have a couple TL that say "closed by credit grantor" Since I had experience with getting good TL's deleted because of disputes, I just left these alone because they appear under the positive accounts.

From what I know this closed by grantor notation doesn't negatively affect your credit score unless this is a charge off associated with it.

I recently bought a new car and the Finance Guy at the dealership said everybody in the Credit Business pretty much knows that most TLs are listed as closed by grantor regardless of of who or why the account was closed. He said the inportant details are the payment history and whether there was a charge off as a result.