Need Expert Help..............

abennett

Okay I have been having great luck getting stuff removed and my most recent removal was a $3000 account from all 3 credit agencies. Well when I got my Equifax credit report back it had a new collection account from back in 2002 for $54. I called the original creditor and it took them like 30 minutes to find my account. Well the collection agency has 1 account number and as the reference account as the right account number with the original creditor. When I spoke with the supervisor of the original creditor she stated if i paid the $54 they will send me a letter stating its paid in full and send the collection agency a letter to have the account deleted from the CRA. What do you think I should do..................$54

IF they will send you this offer in writing, you should be good to go :) Make Sure that you get it in writing. I would never trust anything a CA says on the phone. Once they have sent the letter stating that upon payment they will remove the collections account from your credit reports. Then, when you pay them, make sure you pay in certified funds and not a personal check and if you can, get a reciept.. Paper trail, paper trail, paper trail. :) Good Luck!