First National Collection Bureau, Inc... HELP OC 5/3 Bank...

piionline

I just recieved a notice from them that they took on 5/3 Banks debt that they say my wife owes...

Anyone delt with these guys, I will DV them, but I am wondering if anyone has successfully secured a lower payment with delete...

I have 20 days left according to the date of the 2nd on the note (i just recieved it yesterday)

First, you have 30 days from receipt of the notice, not when they sent it. If they imply otherwise, that is a violation.

Section 809(a)(3) a statement that unless the consumer, within thirty days after receipt of the notice, disputes the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by the debt collector;

I've never known 5/3 to farm out collections because they have their own legal department to handle such things, so I'm suspicious of this to say the least.