CC with balance transfer

I just got an new card from Providian with a 0% through 1/07 balance transfer deal. The offer came in the mail, and the 3 checks they gave me are already on their way to do the transfers. A 3% (min $5) charge applies, but for me that's not much and less than 3 or 4 months of interest at some of my more frightening (21+% rates). My FICO scores were roughly low-to-mid 600s and I'm a little less than 3 yrs. post-Chapt 7.

I knew you'd say that! Some other cards that might? offer balance transfers and might be attainable to you (don't know your situation) are Juniper and as you mention, Orchard. Personally, every Orchard offer I've gotten has been !@#$ and would cost me about $200 a year just to have the privelege of carrying their card, but that's all I know.

Also, have you tried calling Cap1 to see if they'll reduce your rate? Ask for an "account manager" when you call...