disputes

crzadra

I have a few questions. One question is do you have a good dispute letter for disputing things on my credit reports. Also I have a reposition on my report but I got my car back and am back making payments how can I get it off as a repositon and show that im making payments. Is there a letter I can send to my finance company. Thanks

As far as disputing goes, all you have to do is write the credit bureaus and tell them that you want to dispute a specific TL and the reason why(not mine, never late, etc...). I believe all disputes are broken down into a two-digit code, so therefore you really don't need a form letter. As far as the repo goes, I don't have a clue. If it was repossed, then how do you have it now? Doesn't that mean that it was never repossed? To me, it was either repo'd or not. Maybe some of these experts here can help you with that.

Maybe you could write your creditor on the loan and ask them to change the status of the TL from repo to pays as agreed. Tell them that you were having some financial difficulty at the time(I assume you were) but you showed responsibility by catching up on your payments and have been on time ever since. You could also tell them that the repo notation and the lates are really hurting your credit. Basically, what I'm suggesting is a goodwill letter. If that doesn't work, then I guess you will have to come up with some kind of way to dispute the TL to get the repo off.