hI i HAVE A QUESTION

Rosita

HI, TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT. I HAVE A JUDGMENT AGAINST ME THEY HAVE A HOLD ON ONE OF MY BANK ACCOUNTS NOW MY QUESTION CAN THEY GET MY TAX REFUND I KNOW EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GO FOR WAGE GARNISHMENT :(

P.S : THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT TO SATISFY JUDGMENT :shock:

There is a rule in Title 26 of the US Code (Internal Revenue Code) where they can apply for an interception of your refund. I just can't quote the exact statute right now.

THANK YOU! WELL THAT WILL TAKE HALF OF MY RETURN :( I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT I KNOW KNOW ABOUT CREDIT :roll:

Guest sifxpert

It may be in your best interest to call the attorney and set up a payment plan. They will release your account and you would not have to worry about your taxes and wages. Once you get your return then settle rather than them just tkaing it all. Save yourself a few bucks.

Hmmmm. I know they can take your IRS account for student loans, maybe taxes, but not really sure about credit card debt (if that is what you are talking about)

Equalizer has a CA backround. Be careful there. Wait for one of the regulars to answer your question, and talk to an attorney. I agree, make a payment plan if you can.

It may be in your best interest to call the attorney and set up a payment plan. They will release your account and you would not have to worry about your taxes and wages. Once you get your return then settle rather than them just tkaing it all. Save yourself a few bucks.

THANK YOU ALL I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING AN AGREEMENT ON PAYMENT PLAN WILL KEEP YOU POSTED :D

Equaliser may have a CA background but it is well known that Equaliser hates CA's, has won 4 suits against them and has a $50K lawsuit against one in Federal Court. Let's not slander Equaliser just because of his torid past. I'm just like anyone else here, and have helped a lot of people, in case you haven't read all of my posts.

Negociate with the attorny who filed the garnishment. Chances are they will work with you. However if you are disabled, and can provide proof thereof, they cannot attach your bank accounts if the money in them was derived from disability benefits.

(Proof of disability is normally a copy of your insurance disablity check or your SSI or SSD award letter.)

Good luck

Guest sifxpert

Equalizer has a CA backround. Be careful there. Wait for one of the regulars to answer your question, and talk to an attorney. I agree, make a payment plan if you can.

Be careful making accusations you are not sure of. Eq is an upstanding member of this community and very knowlegeable. Misinforming a newer member may deprive them of the information they are looking for.

Gotta agree on EQ,

The fact that he has worked for CA's in the past gives him extra insight most don't have and makes his advice extra valuable.

And any that think that all CA's are all bad is a fool. They are like people and some are really bad some are really good and most are somewhere in between. CA's are part of this country's credit system and will not vanish no matter how hard some wish. But this board fufils a social mission to keep collection agencies from operating outside of the law as far too many try to do.

We need all the help we can get. But when the CA has validation in spades

or might be able to obtain the same, the wise consumer also looks to the grey area of negoiation. And that's where EQ insights are especially valuable.

Equaliser may have a CA background but it is well known that Equaliser hates CA's, has won 4 suits against them and has a $50K lawsuit against one in Federal Court. Let's not slander Equaliser just because of his torid past. I'm just like anyone else here, and have helped a lot of people, in case you haven't read all of my posts.

Equaliser,

There are always those who will accuse without facts or try to strengthen or support their own weak position by belittling someone else.