State Farm Bank Visa

I know one thing - State Farm doesn't give much time on paper statements to send in payments.

I received the statement on the 9th and payment is due on the 29th.

I'm mailing it in now in case some clerk decides to spill any "holiday cheer" all over my cheque causing SF Bank to reject it for some weird reason.

Yeah, State Farm is seriously behind the times in terms of their bill payment protocols. But 20 days sounds about right to me...that's usually about how much time I have on all my credit accounts when I get my statements (course, I just throw them out since I've got recurring payments set up, but still...)

Grim = Impressed.

Dropped SF Visa payment into blue postal box on Sunday night (which would be Monday collection). Payment posted Thursday.

Now if ALL credit card companies did this we wouldn't be accusing them of dropping payments to trigger defaults and lates on purpose. Like Providian (almost 2 weeks to post a postal payment) and what I've read about Citibank.

YEs.. I will agree SF is behind the time as far as payments go both on the Insurance and financial services side as well as the bank. We just started taking credit cards if you payed in 6 mo increments about 2 years ago :shock: drives me nuts cause everyone gets upset about that.