Sign in to follow this  
jjclark

Am I worrying too much?

I recently was referred to INB Bank who offer $5000 grant money and under $1k closing costs. They have a few programs for 1st time home buyers and that is more than what I've heard of for any bank.

The woman I spoke with, of course, stated that my husband and I need to apply (which is free) for them to determine which program we are eligible for. I am a little nervous about that because I have worked hard at getting our credit scores up and don't want to have any problems come January when we purchase the house if this doesn't work out with them.

Am I worrying for nothing? Should we go ahead and apply? I have about 9 inquiries dated from April 2005 to Sept 2005 (7 of them jumbled together in May) from our mortgage shopping days.

HSBC has the same program. And those mortgage inquiries from May should probably be counted as one. Are you sure this will be a hard pull?

I'm pretty sure it will be a hard pull. Everytime I have had a mortgage company or bank pull my credit to be pre-approved or to "determine" a rate it was a hard pull.

I'm pretty sure it will be a hard pull. Everytime I have had a mortgage company or bank pull my credit to be pre-approved or to "determine" a rate it was a hard pull.

Yes -its always a hard pull...