Dealing with NCO on two accounts

mithina

I have two entries in my Credit Reports for two accounts one with CITI Bank and other with ATT ( later bought by CITI)

Both these accounts are charged off some time around 03/2001. I dont see CITI reporting these accounts any more but its NCO which is. As the SOL is over on these two accounts, can I dispute it with CRAs or try the 1-2 punch route?

Just looking for some experiences with NCO.

I dont know if questions of these sort go into collections forum or here :?

I would do 1-2 punch because:

You could just dispute with CRAs and have it drop but if it doesn't then you've used up a chance to create a violation by NCO.

If you dispute with the CRAs after you've DV'd them and they can't provide validation, then they will either not verify or, if they do you've got them on a violation and have leverage for later. :)

Plus, if it comes back verfied from CRAs, they become less and less willing to reinvestigate when you decide later to DV.