Question about Asset Acceptance and old SBC Bill

AaronE

Alright long story short...

Asset is charging me >15% interest on a old SBC bill.

Debt took place in Indiana.

Indiana law (PUC stuff) allows for 10% for the amount <$3 and 3% for the part >$3 on a delinquent telephone bill.

Does asset need to stick to the law in the state or are they allowed to charge whatever interest they feel like?

Thanks!

Asset Acceptance... another CA that has a mission to ruin the credit of anyone on their radar.

I contacted them about an account on my CR and they said they no longer held the account and I would need to contact RskMgmt (another CA). RskMgmt said they no longer held the account and I would need to contact Zenith.

When I got a hold of Zenith it took them forever to locate my account and I still have not received a receipt for my payment. Unfortunatley I did all this on the phone (prior to learning about this site) and wish I had used the mail and CMRRR, etc. methods.

None the less... Asset Acceptance has now changed my CR to reflect a new balance of $1 (it was $74 prior to my phone call), and still open, in collection, deregatory. Those pigs! Frick!

I'm now DV'ing and Validating all over their a**es and will get it removed eventually because there are so many things wrong with it.

Anyway - that's my two cents on AAC.