EXPERIAN SUCKS

getting my house

So I sent a letter to Experian to update/ remove old addresses w/ copies of my dl, ss and utility bill and just called to see what was up and why nothing was ever highlighted or investigated. They won't remove ANYTHING because inquiries etc are attached to them. WTF - apparently my letter and proof of residence only prove where I am now. And they will not do anything for the old addresses. I am SOOO PO'd right now.

UGH just needed to vent.

Yep it was cmrr - sent 10/28 rec'd by them 11/4. But they are saying that all the info I sent does not prove that the old addresses are not mine - all it proves is where I am now and that if the present address is on there then they do NOTHING.

And still trying equifax to do what their letter says they did - deleted 5 old addresses - still showing on report though.

I had better luck getting old CA's off than I am getting personal info updated.

From what I have read MOV rarely gets answered the way it should. Also from being on the phone with EX they tell me who is reporting the addresses and it is all peeps I need to get rid of - catch 22. I figure either I leave EX alone and make it my lowest score and get TU and EQ up there or I don't dispute anything on EX as not mine - from my understanding that is where the address thing comes in.

I don't know - maybe when I calm down I will MOV

I'm experiencing the same problems with experian. They won't delete any of my personal info. But they did manage to list an address that I lived at over 10 years ago as my current address and now my current address is listed as a former address. What gives?

I have a similar issue where Experian removed some of the old addresses and noted the others as r'eported on an inquiry within the last 90 days.'

This means those specific addresses are tied to one of my CA's or TL's.

Now the question is (what was stated above)... open a can of worms by contacting the one reporting incorrectly or just let it lie until they fall off.

In my case I will probably end up asking for validation of how they verified my addresses and who they got the info from. After that either dispute, change/update or do something else once I have that info. It will depend on what the TL is and what my best interests are.

Hope that helps.