Transunion-some bs-help

Yankgal007

I got this letter from TransUnion and unsure what I should do:

Re: Verification Documents not Available

We store information in our records as it is supplied to us by creditors. When information is disputed, we are required to investigate and redcord the current status of the information. We do not provide dispute verfication responses received from creditors. IF you need to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts, then please contact your creditors directly.

Re: General Policy

The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act requires TRansUnion to investigate, free of charge, information on our credit report taht you believe is inaccurate, when you contact us directly with your dispute. Some consumers use the services of credit repair companies or credit clinic to submit disputes on the consumer's behalf. The activited of these companies are regulated by the Federal CRedit REpair Organizations Act, and in some states, by other laws.

IF you have used the services of a credit repair company, and have reason to believe that the fee charged by the credit repair company was too high, and/or it's services were misrepresented,please let us know if you would like your situation to be referred for investigation by filling out and sending us the form below. With your permission, we will provide the information you send to the appropriate authorities. It would also be helpful for you to attach any b rochures or documents you received from the credit repair company.

What the hell is this? How do I respond and how will this effect my disputes? Hs anyone else ever recieved this before? If your reporting something about me how in the hell can't I see what you got? This makes no dayum since.

CRA's never send verification docs to the consumer. They simply parrot back what the DF reports. Did you request docs from them?

As far as the stuff about credit repair; It's hard for them to believe that consumers are intelligent enough to understand their policies and the law, so they just assume that you must have hired someone.

tell them you are going to sue them for $1000...advise them that although they cannot provide you with their MOV this is not your problem or your limitation....get a hold of their VP and President etc and see if they care.....

That is what I went through, I just got on the phone and fought hard.

Don't be afraid to let them know what the MOV statutes are.

tell them you are going to sue them for $1000...advise them that although they cannot provide you with their MOV this is not your problem or your limitation....get a hold of their VP and President etc and see if they care.....

I'm not so sure I would use the sue threat until I had documented evidence of repeated and willful violations. I'd want to be sure I had plenty to sue with. If you actually end up in court it best to be the citizen at his/her wits end whose tried everything else and these huge bureaus are ignoring you. Don't challenge a CRA too forcefully too often, unlike a creditor, CA, or JDB you have to continue to work with these CRAs for the rest of your life.

Bee, we don't even know yet if Yank tried DVing the CA?

I'm not so sure I would use the sue threat until I had documented evidence of repeated and willful violations. I'd want to be sure I had plenty to sue with. If you actually end up in court it best to be the citizen at his/her wits end whose tried everything else and these huge bureaus are ignoring you. Don't challenge a CRA too forcefully too often, unlike a creditor, CA, or JDB you have to continue to work with these CRAs for the rest of your life.

Bee, we don't even know yet if Yank tried DVing the CA?

Well that is true. I had my stuff together before I threatened to sue. I would love to sue.

• 2 weeks later...