Please Help. Palisades account haunting me

tmac01

Palisades llc showed up on my cr for an AT&T cell phone bill funny I have never had an AT&T cell phone. What should I do from here to have this removed ? I am in the middle of buying a house and this will kill me...I was never contacted by Palisades and I think another collection agency tried to collect on this. Palisades never sent me any documentaion on this account, it just showed up on my CR..Please Help...

If you have never had an AT&T cell phone and were never contacted, it must mean it's a fraud account.

Most CAs and utilities such as cell phone carriers (especially cell phone carriers) have a standard fraud procedure.

I've had 3 identity thefts in the last 3 years and each one involved cell phones. I don't have a lot of good things to say about collection agencies, cell phone companies or credit bureaus but when it comes to actual fraud, they are not only helpful but they are much more so now than they were 3 years ago.

Some require that you file a police report. I would say do that now because, depending on where you live, it could be weeks before you get a copy to file with them.

Tell all of them (collection agency, AT&T [it's Cingular now but they still have AT&T fraud reps]) and credit bureaus it's a fraud. It should be removed very promptly. That is my experience with them.