Satisfied Judgment

mtsooner

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board, but in need of repairing my credit. First question I have is, can you remove a satisfied judgment from your Credit Reports? This report was satisfied as of May 2004, but I didn't get anything in writing at the time.....didn't even think about to be honest with you, but now, I have been lurking on here and have seen many of you have gotten judgments removed. Do I have a chance, and how would I go about it?

Also, why do I have such a broad FICO score range? Experian has me at 601, Transunion at 567, and Equifax at 529! That's nearly a 70 point difference. Shouldn't they all be fairly close to each other? Thanks for your help in advance.

Welcome mtsooner! I don't know anything about how to go about removing the judgement, but I know it can be done, as witnessed on this board. As for your scores, each credit report will have different info on it. Each creditor reports to either 1,2, or 3 different bureaus. You could have more positive tradelines on your experian report than you do on your others. Also, for example, your judgement could be showing on your equifax and transunion, but not on your experian yet(hopefully not at all). These are just some things that could cause the variance in your scores.

Welcome - I had a paid judgement removed from mine and Dh's account. We used to live in NY until 2003 the judgements were filed in 1998 and 1999 and satisfied in 2002- In NY satisfied judgements stay for 4 years from the date filed.

So this year I wrote to the CRB's and told them that I lived in NY in 2003 so that those judgements should have been dropped back then- they went ahead and deleted them.

Only problem -EX screwed up because they sent DH's results-i.e updated credit report to to my moms house where we lived for 2 months in 2001 until we got our own place. Luckily my family is still there. I ripped into them for that.