EX won't remove Student Loan lates even with proof!!

beeboah

I received a letter from the Department of Education indicating that my student loan was in Forebearance during the time period they are reporting as late.

I sent the letter to EX, and they are still contacting the DOE.

DOE will report it as late no matter what.

I just got into an argument with EX who says that they have to verify no matter what.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Contact department of education and see what they can do on there end. I have the same sort of problem, and I called them and they said tuff. I would send a goodwill letter with your proof attached. Or just keep disputing never late. eventually they will miss it

beeboah: I really feel your pain with lates reporting. I have some reporting but thankfully only on one report. I disputed once and they remained. I thought they would have ended up on all three. Rep said only chance to maybe get removed is a goodwill letter. I was so hesitant because it was only on one report and did not want to risk all three.

I'm so glad right now that I just left it alone because I would be screaming right along with you. LOL.

You know I think Ex is the hardest person to deal with. They don't seem to want to cooperate with anything. I always had a hard time fixing my lates with them. What a bunch of loser!!!

sure are, but now it is their turn....stay posted as they now have my full attention and focus!

alright still need advice...matter of fact, experian "verified" the information with the DOE again, totally bypassing the letter from the DOE!

Write them back and inform them that there job is to reach an independent conclusion based uppn the evidence presented and demand that they do so. Present your evidence (the letter) and promise them a lawsuit if they fail in their job again.

Then, of course, deliver on your promise.

But give them some time. It has taken EXP up to 40 days to remove items after they sent me the letter that it was verified. The items just disappeared although they were verified. Perhaps it takes some of their legal departments a little longer to react.