Transunion sent me an affidavit

Kennedy

Do not sign the Affidavit, and throw it away. You have the right to dispute by calling them and advising what you think is wrong. There is nothing that states you have to sign the affidavit to begin this process.

I also received one of those and threw it away and my disputes got re-investigated.

This is just another scare tactic being used by the credit bureaus in hope that you not respond.

It takes about 10 minutes of your time to send out another letter requesting to investigate your disputes. I would send the next letter certified mail and put something in there that your first letter was not investigated.

I also had very good luck in calling and speaking with the credit bureaus over the phone. The down side is that it dosen't leave a paper trail in which you can use to back up your claims of not investigating. Everytime I called though, my disputes were investigated and a few were knock off my report.

This is all great info. Thanks! Im sure there are others who have begun receiving, what Im sure is a new strategy for the credit bureaus, affidavits. So for now, Im forgeting about hiring a notary public to notarize this affidavit, and im filing it in the hefty bag, and sending out a certified dispute letter on Monday!