Repo or not in AZ

My kid paid way too much for a motercycle and now owes more than a new one cost and is already behind in payments so her credit is shot the question is does she turn it in and take the 3000 hit and repo on her credit or should she hide it and settle in a year or so with the creditor when they cant find the bike and what if any laws would she be breaking? I know thats not right but I'm out of ideas and her credit will be trashed one way or the other thanks for any input

It's a civil matter, not a criminal one - regardless of what some of these CA's and repo idiots spout.

Hide it? She can hide it all she wants - the OC will sue her to get the bike back.

Is this her only mode of transportation, or one of those "gotta have it" purchases?

She can sell the bike and will have to pay off the balance of loan before a Release of Lein is given to the new owner to register and plate it.

its a toy that she got way upsidedown on and going to loose one way or the other,I just don't see the advantage to turning it in as it is worth half what she owes and I can not sale it for even close to whats owed and she will already have the repo on record and the late payments on her report