Very new at this (Newbie)

sweetrock

I've been researching all of this wonderful information and am so appreciative of it! However, some of it is not sinking in yet. I am so overwhelmed! I have several accounts that are COs and had a few questions. Several of them do not have a last payment or first 30 days late, and some of the dates they say, I know are wrong. So how can I find out the SOL and SOL for reporting to CRAs beginning time without this info? Also, can the OC and the CO of the same debt each list on your report? And, would you do DV to CAs and OC if they are older like this and when you do them, what do you dispute to the CRA at the same time? That it's not yours or an amount or date of late payment or any of the above? Sorry for so many questions. I am just so excited that I may have my credit back again someday if I can just grasp these methods! Thanks for any advice!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for so many questions. I am just so excited that I may have my credit back again someday if I can just grasp these methods! Thanks for any advice!

The methods themselves are not difficult to master. What you really need is patience... Lots of it...

It takes a lot of time to read over all the threads and posts. Back in the day, I read and re-read quite a few of them. And there were many times that I stayed up very late at night sifting through the forums...

Almost every kind of problem imaginable is here along with people who have solved them. Unfortunately, most issues are not that cut and dry and require a bit of trial and effort to find something that works.

But please do have patience and read as many threads and posts that you can. It will be worth it...

Yeah, that's exactly what I am doing. Spending day and night studying. It's very exciting though and very challenging! I feel like I'm obsessed with it. I appreciate some responses though. I thought y'all had forgotten me! :lol:

I think I am going to try 1st:

Disputing (on the COLLs) some things in the TLs like balance and the fact that there are no DOLA and "Not mine" (on the COs). And at the same time DV the OCs and CAs. In my case most are OCs. I was hoping to get rid of a few on the 7yr SOL, but none of them have accurate info on DOLA. I know for sure Cap One is re-aging and have an old report to prove, but I read somewhere that may cause more problems, so I'll try to dispute and see if it gets removed first.

I have about 5 inquiry disputes, 10 personal profile changes, and about 15 account information disputes. I would like to send all at once and get it over with, but have read very many different opinions about that. What would y'all suggest?

Thanks again,

Sweetrock

• 2 weeks later...

At the height of my credit repair, I would send everything in at the same time...

At times, it would not be unusual for me to send like a half dozen to one dozen letters to each CRA during a round of disputes. I also had good templates and everything on electronic files so it was easy to keep up the barrage of disputes...

There was one year in which I had mailed way over 100 disputes per CRA throughout the entire year...

Here's what I did. . .

I sent this first letter to the three CRAs disputing name changes, removing past employment and a few Inquiry disputes.

Great start Sweetrock,

However you must also delete or dispute all your old addresses.

It makes things drop off easier...

Good luck.

Thank you!

Yeah. . . I forgot to mention that earlier, but I also disputed old addresses. I hope I did the right 1st move. You gotta start somewhere, right?

I'm still a little unsure of how to approach the meaty stuff in about 30 days. I'm reading so many different approaches: dispute all at once online, dispute on the phone, dispute a few at a time by CMRRR, or all by mail, etc.

I wish I didn't have so many, but I have several duplicates (OC and CA reporting on same acct) along with several OCs. Probably 10-15 on each CRA. So, hopefully I'll do the right thing. :roll: