CRA reporting on commercial accounts..any different?

TaoSan

Okay, progressing along, just had CAPONE INT-INVES deleting one within one day of receipt of a DV 8-)

Nice!

Okay, now for something totally different. I have a collection account being pursued by Consolidated Recovery Group LLC. Thing is though, that account was a credit card merchant account, and was in the name of my company XYZ Translations, a sole proprietorship, but business account nevertheless.

Now, after DVing the OC Cardservices Intl. they have deleted the negative cuz they could not verify (Dunno if they didn't knew they didn't have to, they just did without response). Consolidated sends me a mere printout of their screen, showing three transactions called FEE $ 123. So hardly complying with DV requirements as laid out in Brennan vs. Spears.

Question is, are these accounts handled just like any other? Or are there different regulations for B2B accounts? I think I remember that even for sole proprietorships business accounts are handled differently.

Anyone got any info on that?

Greatly appreciated, thx in advance....

While it is true that the FDCPA does not directly cover commercial accounts, I have had some success DV'ing CAs using the argument that once they place it on my personal CR, it becomes subject to the FDCPA.

I'm not absolutely sure that's true, but it did work on several accounts that I had personally guaranteed for a defunct C Corp.