Cingular Wireless

orion

Hey there people!!! man I have being away for a long time. Quick summary....

Started this credit repair quest about a year ago EQ:556 Trns:600 Eqx:550

Now Eq:670 Trans: 709 Eqx 640

About 2 months ago I received a call from CG Services (Collection Agency) Mrs. X ask if my name was Mr. XXXX and if my SS was XXXXX

I tell her that was not my name but she had the right SS. She then tells me that I have an account with Cingular wireless and that I owe $4876.45 for unpaid services and some cell phones I bought. I went into attack mode and ask her not to call me at work ever again and that all communiction should be done by mail. I asked for her number, ext. address etc. I went home and collected my thoughts, call all the 3 CB and put a fraud alert,and called the Collection Agency back.

After telling them several times that the account was not mine they tell me that it was going to go into my CR. I said that unless they could prove that the account was mine they had no right to do so, and ask them to mail me the followings...

1. Copy of any legal instrument, bearing my signature, which supports the bassis for the reporting of the alleged debt.

2. An itemzed accounting of all debits and credits on the alleged account for the entire hsitory of the account.

A month passes by and not a word from them.

I get a call from them again, about the same deal. They tell me that they send me a package and that it came back, they assured that they have the right address and I confirmed it, so they agree to give it another try and send me the information I requested.

At this point this account shows up on my CR. :evil:

I was waiting for them to do this so by then I already had send all 3 CB a letter of invetigation with the Account # asking for the same info above, and ofcourse a friendly remainder about my lawyer, at the same time I contacted Cingular asking for the same info as well as the so call collection agency (GC) all of the letterw where ofcourse certified mail.

that was about a month ago.

Today Saturday, I received a letter from Equifax and Experian, telling me that the item has being removed, from my records.

is this awesome or what?

The massage... DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THIS COLLECTION AGENCIES. This people were were charging me with and account that did not belong to me it belong to my brother. He used my SS. the bastard. I had to filed a police report for ID theft.

I would like to thank Doc Don and other people in this forum for their help.

dont give up people.

P.s. Cingular send me a letter saying they never heard of me or that I ever had an account with them.

Regards.

This people were were charging me with and account that did not belong to me it belong to my brother. He used my SS. the bastard. I had to filed a police report for ID theft.

Another statistic of ID theft being that of a relative. At least you were willing to follow through on the ID theft and not do like many family ID theft situations.

Oh yes I know what you mean. It turns out that he met someone online, bought the phones, and charged the hell out of them and made it look like I did it. It pissed me off. Come to find out is not the first time he's done something similar, that's why I filed a police report.

My mother was really upset with me. I didnt care, it is my CR damn it, I have worked hard to keep it clean.

I'm glad I saw this, and will bookmark it, as I suspect I'll be needing this info. WHen I pulled my EX file today I found a cingular collection as well. Thing is, I've been with Verizon for YEARS and have never used cingular. The amount is for about the same too. Says the account was opened in June of this year and went into collection in October. :evil:

Perhaps I should mention, that they were being very clever, fishing for info, DON'T GIVE THEM ANY. Any means of communication try doing it by Certified mail. It takes longer but is the only way you can keep record.

Send a letter to Cingular, another to EX, another to the collection agency, at the same time.

I called Cingular to see if they had anything in their records with my name or SS# and they didn't.

Hope this helps, keep us posted!!!!

Well after a good bit of phone time, I have this figured out. The debt is actually mine... sort of. I had AT&T back in 99, so now it's showing as Cingular. Long story short, they screwed me over. That balance was bogus, and last time I spoke with them it was supposed to be REMOVED. Apparently it went into collection in '01, (never heard a peep), and now again in 6/05 (still haven't heard a peep). I did find the CA info though, it's Cavalry Portfolio. OC refuses to DV, so I guess I'll be sending more letters tomorrow. :roll:

I have a similar situation- DH hit 700 and not 2 weeks later Cavalry shows up with a cingular acct. I DV and it turns out to be for an old AT&T bill -they sent him copies of old bills. I sent a followup they never replied. I then decided to just let it sit. It is from 2000 so the SOL in TX is 4yrs and NY is 6 where we used to live. Since we don't plan on buying a house until 2007 it doesn't matter. I'm just watching they don't re age.

As far as paying- DH cancelled the phone due to poor service and AT&T kept adding on stuff, and palying games saying they would resolve issue- so they can pretty much pound sand.

EXACTLY what AT&T did to me. Once my 2 year contract was up and I went on a month to month basis, they went nuts. All kinds of crazy add ons, etc etc. Every time I called they were going to fix it, blah blah blah. It's been a long time, but I still remember clearly that this bill was complete and utter BS, and I don't care if this one stays on my CR... they aren't getting a DIME from me. :evil: