If the lawyer doesn't send proper validation

Lawyer from AA sent me a letter that wasn't (by ANY means) validation. Do I write them again and tell them they haven't sent validation? How exactly would you word it? I'm assuming they obviously think they sent validation, so I can't just do nothing right? I haven't heard from the CRAs yet to know if they verified with them, but if they think they sent me proper validation they would right? Debt is not out of SOL, approx 3k OC is Discover.

What is it they sent and why do you think it is insufficient? Is this your debt?

What you say depends on what you are disputing. If it is not yours, you need to say that and tell them why their info is wrong. If you dispute the amount, tell them they need to break down the amount they are demanding, as required by case law.

At any rate, tell then they have not validated in a way that allows you to determine the validity of their demand and that you DISPUTE the debt and tell them to refrain from any collection activity ( including reporting you) until they do so. And since you have idsputed the debt and they have reason to know iti s inaccurate, ay report to teh CRAs should be deleted. Remind them that your letter invokes your rights under the FCRA and FDCPA.

It *could* have been my debt, it's from approx 2001. I'm sure the amount has been increased substantially.

After initial contact from the lawyer, I immediately DV'd. Pretty much used the standard letter here, but tailored it for my situation. I did ask them to break down the amount, that was one of the requests on the letter.

They wrote back and basically said "yes we verified the amount and dates with our client and they are correct" no backup whatsoever. No breakdown, no other paperwork, just that one letter.

It's Riddle and Associates.

Obviously we all know (I'm sure they do too) that they haven't sent validaiton. I'm just not sure if I write them and tell I know this, or if I ignore it and if they sue, use that as a defense? I'd rather "give them one more shot" before having to possibly be served.

Any tips on the wording?

Or can I just say something like:

"What was sent to me does not validate the alleged debt, nor does it break down the amount that is supposedly owed. I am again disputing it and requesting proper validation."

Thanks for your help by the way, I want to get this out asap.

a failure to validate is not a defense to the debt.

continuing to collect without validating after a request properly made is a violation by the attorney.

Remind them that they have not answered your questions in the first letter, that you contiue to dispute the debt and deny owing their client any money, and that if they continue to collect without validating you will enforce your rights under the law.

http://www.budhibbs.com/debtcollectorpages/riddle_and_associates_bud.htm