Partial Success

Sarris

I was able to get two of the 3 CRA's to act upon much of the information I disputed. However, Experian is being difficult.

I disputed four items with Equifax, two of them were deleted, two were confirmed. Of the one that was confirmed, I got a letter today stating that they have notified the CRA's to delete their information. So three of the four disputed items with Equifax are currently resolved. The last one, was for Sears. I disputed the Sherman Aquisions account, since they agreed via the AGO complaint, to remove their account, however the Sherman account number is the same as Sears..... So they VALIDATED the sears account... WTF??

Of the four items I disputed with Experian, they deleted two and confirmed two. Of these two the CA has sent me a letter stating that they have notified the CRA's to delete their account from my CR. So that leaves the one. Now this is where it gets funny.

Equifax deleted the NCO/35 account, yet Experian validated it. This begs the question of; how come?

I need to know what I should do now. Should I contact Experian and tell them that Equifax deleted the trade line from NCO, that they just validated? NCO has refused to respond to any of my DV letters. Therefore I am within my legal right to demand that they be removed... then again I don't know if I have a legal right to demand that they be removed. Any advise?

Good luck Sarris. I believe you are within your legal rights to ask for removal. I think that if the CA continues to report without validating, then they are breaking the law. Also, doubt if you telling Exp that Eq deleted will help at all. They don't respond to what another CRA does. They will have to conduct their "own" investigation.