Pending small claims action

fred30

I have file a small claims complaint against a CA for not providing me with validation after placing negative entries in my credit report for accounts that are not mine. I only filed this after 6 months of letter writing and a unresolved BBB complaint could not resolve the situation. After I filed my small claims complaint I received a call from the CA stating that they had removed the entries and they wanted me to dismiss my case. I also received a email from the BBB stating that they reopened the complaint after the CA had provided them with documentaion allegedly showing the negative entries were removed. Upon reveiwing the info submited to the BBB by the CA I noted it appears the date the entries were removed was after I filed my small claims complaint. My question is could I still be awarded damages even if the CA did remove the entries from my credit report after I filed the small claims complaint. I had requested a judgement of $1,000 per erroneous account on my credit report placed there by this CA. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

KEVAN - file it in your county

As to the Small claims action, I think it is fair to ask for $250-500 as they did break the law, you were damaged and had to take them to court before they listened. You might be able to get them to write the OC to say that after some diligence they have determined that you are not the person they are looking for and you ( name/address/SS) should be avoided from any collection in the future.