Please help! OC changed date of last activity.

Rayp2

Hey guys and thanks again for all of the great guidance.

I do have another question. I disputed an account with CRA (EQ) and they said they updated the information.

On the new credit report, they changed the DOLA from 02/2001 to 03/2005 (this is the date that I filed CH7 [discharged 07/2005]). I spoke to Erica at EQ and asked her what date the 7 years started from for neg. accts. She said they use DOLA. Before dispute, the DOLA was 02/2001 (August 2005).

This is going to add another four years to the reporting of this item and somehow, it doesn't sound legal. I've searched, FCRA, FDCA, and everthing else I can get my hands on to find some info to relate to this, but can't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you could lead me to some specific law that addresses this issue.

Thanks so much for all of the help!!

Rayp2

I do. All of the six copies that I have from each bureau say the same date (02/2001) except the one that says they updated the info. I mailed them [credit bureau] a letter today letting them know that the date was being reported incorrectly. I'm not sure what to do next though. :?

Thanks for the quick response GrimRepo!

I just got a report from EQ and I noticed three accounts that were IIB in 2000 list "date first major delinquency reported" as 1/03, 12/04 and 11/05.

How can they "first report a delinquency" several years after bankruptcy?