Quick question: once deleted can't be reported again?

sje123

I am just trying to verify that this is the law. If you dispute something, they delete it, it can't go back on (say the OC didn't have their act together that month).

Is this right? Sorry to be a pain about this but I finally found the credit report where it was reported as deleted and now it's back. Thanks much!!!!

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(5)

(B)

(ii) Notice to consumer. If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

Quote the above and demand permanent deletion.

• 4 weeks later...

So how does the re-appearance apply to TL's that have been transferred/assigned/sold to a new CA?

I'm thinking since a DV is what removed the 1st CA, a new DV to the new CA stating it's already in DV with CA #1 would do?

or

Would it be considered a reinsertion because it's related to the same OC account? Even though it's actually a seperate TL reported by the CA?

• 1 month later...

Hello and hope someone can help, Exp. removed all the wrong personal information and also cleared up a few accounts that were reporting my Bk Chapt 7 wrong, since they did that the info changed again and the personal info that they removed is back on, what can I do to fix this or should I look into filing suit.

No, I never used any other address, have always lived at the same address, my info was used in fraud by someone but got that taken care of and thats why things were deleted and taken care of but now its all back again, what should I do, also everyone on the CR is shown at my current address nothing for the other addresses at all on my cr

That's different then. There should be a cloaking procedure in place at the CRA's to prevent the reappearence of previously deleted information:

C) Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph (other than information that is reinserted in accordance with subparagraph (B)(i)).

I would not recommend sending an ITS to the CRA's - they will stick you in "special handling" and wait for you to actually sue them.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone seems to have answered this question, but thinking about it I came up with a little twist...

If the OC is deleted, can you dispute the CA since the OC is no longer reporting?? Say this is OLD debt, 6years old, although the age may not matter.