CA on CR without DV

bf9868539

they put it on after i dv'd them, about 16 months later, all they sent me was a printed itemization of charges, i sent them a letter saying that what they sent was not sufficient, and that was the last i heard until the put on my cr this month. no it does not show disputed

me a printed copy of a bill, any ideas?
all they sent me was a printed itemization of charges

Did they send a copy of a bill from the OC or a itemized print out from their (CA) office. I am pretty sure a copy of a bill from the OC which contains your name address and account number and last ballance would constitute validation.

A CA's own computer generated bill does not meet the requirements of FDCPA 809. The proof of debt must be on the OC's own Letterhead, or Invoice, etc. It may be a copy.

As to the opinion if this is an illegal entry on your CR, you must assure that the "bill" they sent you is from the CA, not the OC. If it is from the CA, then is is illegal as they did not meet the requirements of 809, which means the debt is still disputed. You also must allow reasonable time to pass for them to send you a letter of notification about the negative entry. Check all applicable laws for fed and state regarding negative entires to assure you have the right info. Once you have determined they are in violation, then send them the ITS.

CRA's only use the month and year on your file. I do the following.

If the TL is noted as first reported 11/05, I'll wait until 1/06 to send the letter. This way you have given them more than the 30 day period to assure you were properly notified.