Which Might Provide Faster Credit Improvement?

Gettinout

I've settled all but one of my accounts. The last, I might be able to handle by going through a hardship program and eventually paying it off.

Prior to my hardship, my credit score was in the high 700s. I had many old TLs and high limits. As of now my negatives are two settled accounts, lates leading up to the settlements, and very few negatives of any other sort.

Will using the hardship program delay my credit improvent?

Will settling the Third account speed things up by creating a clean break to the negative reporting?

Obviously the settlements have damaged my credit greatly. This last account is the smallest and I am ambivelant as to which way to go, but I lean towards settling and moving on.

Any thoughts?

Gettinout

If the hardship program is with the OC and only the interest rates are reduced for a period of time this should not be reflected. It should report as pays/paying as agreed as long as you do so. If your hard ship program is through a credit counseling org then it may very well report as such. My Discover, years ago went south and did a hardship with them and other than the previous lates that got me to the harship in the first place, reported as any other account would.