Calling CRAs by phone..Yes ? No?

tmac01

I call on the phone, because IMO, the only reason to send CMRRR is to build a case for court. Since the strategy that works for me involves going after the furnisher, not the CRA, I call. Others would rather sue the CRA and go the CMRRR route.

The reason I do not is that I have heard of the CRA just refusing to maintain a credit file at all for people that have made troubel and I dont want to risk that. Having no credit file is almost as bad as having a bad one.

I like to write but I usually just do regular mail. I like to have a record of what I disputed with who and how. I had a bunch of baddies and was also helping DH. I also use the online method but haven't had much luck with that lately. I rarely use the phone because I usually don't have the time to wait on hold or they aren't open when I'm able to call.

They have both worked for me. You have to put on your acting face and go for it when you call. In my case when I call TU and tell them that they have to delete these TLs because they didn't verify within the 30 or in my case 40 days. They will put up a fight but what can they say in the end..the law is the law and in court they'll look pretty stupid when they say " no your honor we could not validate the debts in 30 days," thats the way I at least see it... :)

I prefer to dispute all negatives via mail with CM,RRR letters. Especially with the CRA's. Because when I send a letter to a OC I try to get it as close as possible to the CEO I use large envelopes and send my letters via CM,RRR.

IMHO it's always better to get the paper trail so they know you could sue them even if you plan not to do so. If you catch anybody in a clear violation it's easy to take them to small claims court.

I call on the phone, because IMO, the only reason to send CMRRR is to build a case for court. Since the strategy that works for me involves going after the furnisher, not the CRA, I call. Others would rather sue the CRA and go the CMRRR route.

The reason I do not is that I have heard of the CRA just refusing to maintain a credit file at all for people that have made trouble and I don't want to risk that. Having no credit file is almost as bad as having a bad one.

I find that hard to believe. It's is possible that a person with no accounts will have no credit score but once you have a file you have a file until the social security administration of the executor of your will tells them that you are dead. If a files seems to disappear it could be from incorrect personal info. like name and address.

The worst that can happen is that you get placed in special handing permanently. That has happened to me with one CRA. It's great! Whenever I call I get a rep in India. Then I get transferred to my personal rep in the US.