Reporting Info on CR

Katieg376

I have a CA that is reporting on my CR. I have made payments to them from Nov. 03-Sept. 05 @ $50.00 a month. The original debt with the OC was $1536.00 when they sold it to the CA. The CA is trying to collect $1793.00 I sent them a letter CMRRR to send me a payment history expalining that all payments are suspended until the requested info is received. To date I have not heard from them. They have noted on my credit report that they cannot locate me (?????). My letetr had my address on it. Also their balance is off by $221.00. Do I have any grounds for suit? I have all my bank statements showing my payments. Also I am almost 7 years away fromt he date the OC closed my account because of nonpayment. When doe sthe CA need to remove the TL? Is it 7 years from the 1st deliquency leading to this?

Wow, lots of questions!

I have a CA that is reporting on my CR. I have made payments to them from Nov. 03-Sept. 05 @ $50.00 a month. The original debt with the OC was $1536.00 when they sold it to the CA.

Just to remind you that you have reset the SOL on this debt by paying. You probably did what most of us have done- paid in the mistaken beliefe it would help, before you found this site. It happens.

The CA is trying to collect $1793.00 I sent them a letter CMRRR to send me a payment history expalining that all payments are suspended until the requested info is received. To date I have not heard from them. They have noted on my credit report that they cannot locate me (?????). My letetr had my address on it.

When did they make that note? After you were paying? What is the date on the TL?

Also their balance is off by $221.00. Do I have any grounds for suit? I have all my bank statements showing my payments. Also I am almost 7 years away fromt he date the OC closed my account because of nonpayment. When doe sthe CA need to remove the TL? Is it 7 years from the 1st deliquency leading to this?

No real grounds, yet, unless they are falsely reporting they can't find you. That is why I asked the above question. Even then, they may be able to argue it was a mistake.

They must stop reporting 7 years after the date it was charged off. The charge off date for the purpose of the FCRA cannot be longer than 180 days from the beginning of the delinquency that immediately preceeded the charge off.

Yes, I did agree to the payment arrangements before finding this site, when they put my back against the wall and made threats (none of which were recorded). I thought I was making good on the debt, by paying them every month. In July I contacted them to try to settle. At that point I owed $536.00 according to the OC's balance. And $793.00 according the the CA's balance.

Yes, they posted they were unable to locate me in Nov. 2005. I sent the letter on Sept. 2005.

I am not sure what to do. The OC closed the account in Feb 1999 for non payment. I sent a DV letter to grab their attention on Friday. I am thinking I can call them (and of course record the call). I am going to explain that they violated FCRA by reporting they could not find me. And agree to settle for 10% of the balance. And see where that takes me. I am going to contact the OC before hand and find out how long an account is deliquent before they close the account. I am 99% sure the CA is re-aging the debt. Since the account was closed 6 years and 10 months ago. I am sure the OC tried to collect for a reasonable amount of time before closing the account. Also I did contact the OC for copies of statements and they told me they no longer had anything, since it was transferred to a CA.