I need a Card

I've had one for about 6 months now. So far I can't complain. The apr is 9.9%(not bad). They report every month to the CRAs. They also report the credit limit(a good thing). They do charge an enormous amount of fees, but what do you expect from a rebuilder card. If your looking to rebuild, it might be a possibility.

Try going for the Orchard, I just have heard so many horror stories of first premier. A better bet is to try to get either National city bank secured card or see if you can get started by putting money in a CU (make sure it is one that reports to all 3 CRA's)and borrowing on your own money to boost your scores and develop a relation with the CU. Good luck!!

If you've never burnt Household or HSBC then Orchard would be the better bet for secured.

I'd try my luck with Crap1 first. They may be a real PITA but they offer unsecured credit to almost anyone. Then as you get history get something that reports true utilization and not 0 credit limit like Crap1 does.

We'll when I got it around year 2000. They gave me a limit of $250.00. We'll after all the fees and everything my available credit was $7.00 dollars. WOW! How exciting. We'll I paid it off and I tried using it again and they told me that because of my credit rating they had to lower my available credit to $100.00 dollars. That was not fair. I had just finish paying off $250.00 dollars. They pissed me off so I stopped using it.

I got my FNB Marin card today. Read the fine print. They gave me a $300 limit. $69 fee was charged as an enrollment fee. There's also a $69 annual fee, billed monthly. So I have $231 available credit. All other fees are the usual (late pay, over limit, etc). Is there anything else I should be looking for?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread! :) )

I got my FNB Marin card today. Read the fine print. They gave me a $300 limit. $69 fee was charged as an enrollment fee. There's also a $69 annual fee, billed monthly.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how is it an annual fee if it's billed monthly?

Is it split into monthly installments?

FNB Marin must not charge it but one care (Aspire? CCB?) charges a "monthly maintenance fee" of something like $10 and a $120 annual fee, paid monthly. Then an application fee, and other fees. I think if I figured it up right you received a card with no limit on it until you paid off the fees.

Orchard Bank www.orchardbank.com.

If you look at the ads on top, they're the first ones. It is a re-establisher card. They will run a soft inq to see what card you qualify for, then they'll run the hard once you apply for the card. It's one of the best to start out with. They report correctly and the fees are not too crazy.