Can you report good credit to the CRA's yourself?

poblack

You cannot do it yourself, but a mortgage lender can submit account documentation and copies of cancelled checks through a full tri-merge mortgage credit report and have it added to your CR.

Its a lot of work so most won't do it and most lenders don't even know how to do this.

Also a consumer cannot post anything to your credit report. Only a Business entity, such as a sole propreitorship (Landlord, Attorney, an Independant Contractor), a partnership, or a corporation. Basically a business with a Dunn and Bradstreet number, a credit bureau subscription, or a court judgement.

In my experience, the minimun number of reported accounts is for the cheap computerized reporting system. If the lender pays the hand posting fee, (somewhere around $25.00 - $50.00 per item,) they will add data to a CR.

Yes, but as Xanathos said, ( and I never realized because I only ever reported negative trade lines,) negatives only...

-plus they would have to be related to your work or business, nor could it involve your own credit file; otherwise it would be a violation of your subscription agreement with D & B.

What if 100 people on this board got together and agreed to pay the CRA subscription fee. Since there are people on here that have FIN's, theoretically, could we have them place positive history on our accounts?

PoBlack, I see where you are going with this but I don't think the people on this forum would be willing to engage in what might be illegal activity. Yes it would be a nice dream but as it was pointed out, it cant be done. We are here to combat illegal activity and not contribute to it.

If you want to improve your credit score then do what I am doing (WITHOUT credit cards). Go to your bank when you save up about $1000. Take out a Secured loan on that money. Do not spend it. Use that money to pay back the loan. Yes you will loose a little by paying some of your own money to cover the interest but look at it this way. You are increasing your credit score and not having to worry about the damned credit card people shredding your payment check or holding it just so they can charge you huge late fees as well as jacking up your interest rate while they lie to you by saying they never received your payment. Btw, my bank gave ME (with 9 collection accounts) a 3.71% rate on my secured loan! I hope that through dv'ing and a little bit of time, I will have a great record!

Bandit, I'm not trying to do anything illegal as you are implying. I'm just thing of some creative strategy and possibly discover a loophole in this whole credit reporting thing.

Think about it. Your credit worthiness is measured on your ability to repay a debt. You do this just about everyday. It's not structured as paying a credit card balance or car payment, but you still pay debts. This system we have is NOT FAIR. I had perfect rental history for 7 years until I bought my house 5 months ago, but is that reported to the CRA's?... NO!

You probably pay your cable bill every month on time. Is that reported? NO!

But if you slip and miss a payment, you get slapped in your face with a negative TL and your score goes down.

Instead of collection agencies going after you for bad debt, they should be soliciting you for payment information that could be reported positively to the CRA's.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?

Also, Bandit

You are increasing your credit score and not having to worry about the damned credit card people shredding your payment check or holding it just so they can charge you huge late fees as well as jacking up your interest rate while they lie to you by saying they never received your payment

That's messed up. You may want to consider paying your Credit Card bills online. I pay my capital one directly on their website. But then again, I also pay like 2-3 weeks in advance.

But thanks for your advice. I'll keep that secured loan strategy in mind. I'm actually here to get advice on getting this CA off my report. Once I do that I will be back in 700 land.

a friend of mine is doing this with his wife. He is putting 1k in one bank, taking out a secured loan, taking that 1k to another bank and doing the same thing 5 -6 even 7 times. She has no credit.

All it takes is 1k, a few bucks in interest every month and you get 6 or 7 good lines.

:) He works for chase bank in the morgatge dept....