Bank of America App?

Okay I was applying for a BOA card online and they said they were unable to approve me for the card but however I was pre-approved for a Secured Card the 99/500. Is this a good deal? We'll I was reading the agreement and it says on there that once they receive my $99.00 dollars they will open a savings in my name and send me a card. Why are they going to open a savings in my name if I already have a savings and a checking with them?

Interesting. I will do that. Can anyone give me a little insight on how this card has benefitted you? I just got approved for my new house and I just applied for the BOA secure card. I want to bring up my score as much as I can. I went ahead and got the credit rating secure I hope that was a good choice. I don't know what the fee is for that.

You asking me Cavazos? I don't hold any BoA cards. I applied and was declined, but got a letter saying they could not verify my identity, I was asked to send 2 identifying documents from a long list - so I sent a copy of my passport and utility bill. Nothing with my sosh on it.

I never heard back from BoA. So I assume I wasted a INQ on them, oh well it was just with Experian and my Experian INQ's are very low compared to TU.

Your deal is better. You get a $500 CL for $99. Fully secured would mean you'd have to put up $500 for a $500 CL. This is why everyone wants the 99/500. BoA is harder to get than other cards because they have higher standards. I'd love to get a 99/500 but I BK'd BoA. They'd never touch me again.

Oh yeah. That is there slogan...HIGHER STANDARDS. That's funny. You know I was told if I got a BOA checking account I would get a better chance of getting credit with them. I got with them in 02/05. I guess that's enough time to get credit with them. LNY try again. My scores are in the low 600's. I wasn't too sure I was going to get it. But yeah your right having to put down $500.00 vs $99.00 dollars is alot. Good Luck!

I burned BoA in a BK. They're one of those creditors that won't touch you after that. I think Discover, AmEx, Citi and Chase are the same way.

Yeah, that's their slogan. And it's kinda true, because they're very picky about handing out cards.

Target is the same way. I just got off the phone with them. they say after my 7 yrs is up that i can apply again, but they wouldnt touch me until it falls off. I hope inquiring with them doesnt hurt me in the long run, because ive since been able to get that account deleted from my credit. I hope it doesnt show back up. My 7 years is up in a year. Next Christmas hopefully ill be able to do all my shopping at target.

For once, something nice from BofA! I use them for checking. There are fees for everything. On the other hand, I've been a customer for 15 years. I opened my $500 line of credit 10 years ago. Everything is and has always been current on my reports :D

I hope that my history with them would be enough for at least the 99/500 card. There are some negatives on my report, but I've just paid all of them. Cross my fingers that they'll give me the card.

They may give you a better card than that. Apply at the branch and talk person-to-person. You say you've been a customer for 15 yrs. I've only been a customer for 6 months and they gave me and DW Choice Privileges and Powe Rewards cards with nice limits.

Yeah sounds like you have alot of business with them. We'll I'm waiting for my 99/500 card. I want to make the best of it. Besides they just built a BOA branch right down the street from my house. I have no excuses in making my payments late. I wonder if they post there payments the same day. I have a card with Chase and they post in the 3rd day. It's very convenient. I have the Providian and I'm waiting for Washington Mutual to start excepting there payments @ the branch.

Not too much. Just a checking, savings and auto loan. I paid up a year of the 5-yr loan and my savings is a little crazy. So, I guess that they think I'm "loaded", but that's not the case.

The only reason I opened the checking acct, is because they offered $50 if I opened one online, and there are no fees. I'm using MyAccess Checking. There's a branch right downstairs in the same building that I work in, but there's not a branch too close to my house, but it feels like I'm at work much more than I'm home, lol.