Phillips and Cohen Associates LTD.

I received a letter from these jokers and they are calling as well. They are asking for payment on an account that was charged off a while ago. :? I just sent them a DV letter. Has anyone dealt with them? I just want a heads-up on how to deal with these guys. I also checked with the BBB and they are not listed. Thanks in advance!

Phillips and Cohen are not jokers! They are a large collection agency and take collection of debts seriously. Generally the creditors who have assigned them can validate.

Thanks ghacorp......I called them "jokers", not in the literal sense, but because they blantantly lied and said that I had made payment arrangements with a CA. I DID NOT! I have never even talked to a CA. It seems that they have been assigned a debt. They even mentioned a CA that I guess they bought the debt from and I have never even heard of the CA they giot the debt from! I guess when they lie like that, it just scare tactics being used. ghacorp, have you dealt with them?

No, not a spy for a CA! People come up with the craziest opinions in this forum. I am aware of P&C and used to provide per diem IT services for the firm and may do so again in the future. P&C is a large collection agency with offices statewide and while they look rough they are above board and maintain well reputed clients on their books. Personally, I would not want to be on their pursuee list! Generally if you send them a serious DV letter they will refer the account back to the OC for reassignment elsewhere. Most CA's work this way. P&C receives tons of DV & CD letters everyday.