Credit Cards & SOL

My fiancé received a few summons for credit cards accounts that charged off anywhere from 3-5 years ago(no payments since charge off). I can’t seem to get straight info on the Statue of Limitations on credit cards. Arizona has a 3 year SOL on open accounts and 6 on written agreements. However I can’t get a straight answer as to if credit cards are open accounts or written agreements. I would love to find some case law on this topic, but no luck. Any advice???

Anyone know of case law that is out there?

Credit cards are OPEN ACCOUNTS.

As of now the only state that is misinterpreting that is Ohio, but otherwise it's an OPEN ACCOUNT. So 3 year SoL.

Ok maybe case law is not the term for what I am looking for. Wouldn't I just need to present a case where the judge was ruled in favor of the consumer based on SOL. Is there a place where I could locate those rulings. I cant be the first person in AZ to argue SOL.

Also do you happen to be a lawyer. You sounded pretty confident in your answer so I thought you might be.

Nope. Not an attorney. Just a bastard thats "been there" with creditors.

FYI, as far as I know there's just one attorney that's admitted such to this forum and that's Recovering Attorney. Equaliser is a paralegal but he/she is smarter than many attorneys I've ever known. Methuss should become an attorney but so far he's not.

The question on "open accounts" vs. "written contracts" comes up frequently on this forum. And one member appears to be getting the short end of the stick now with Ohio's interpretation that credit cards are written contracts.