My student loans are showing "Paid No Balance." ?

tmac01

Okay, I just consolidated the 11 school loans that I have. I am in the middle of purchasing a home and my mortgage broker asked me to print out all my information from my school loans so I went to Sallie Mae.com. To my surprise every loan showed as paid and it said "at this time we have no balance to show you because all loans have been paid in full." I looked everywhere on that website to find where I owed them. I was in forebearance until May but it just states that I am paid in full. Is this standard when you consolidate your loans and will the balance pop up anyday now ? Thanks........

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my loans showed paid in full on my credit report and others didn't, so I guess since yours are from the same company, they show paid in full because they are. When you consolidated, they sent the check to sallie may, but it takes a month or two to actually start your payment cycle with your new loan.