Meeting with Florida Attorney handling FCRA Violations

Well, today I have a consultation with a Florida Attorney who is handling FCRA Violations, but I'm not sure if I even stand a chance. I have a CH 7 BK reporting on my Transunion report with $0 Liabilities and a docket number that is missing one digit. They keep verifying the information as correct, although I called the Courthouse and the Courthouse said that even if the Liabilities and docket number are slightly incorrect, as soon as they verify my social security number and name, they leave it on my report. Even though the CH 7 BK is correct, the information is inaccurate and I am demanding deletion. Also, the verify the information within 3 days of handling my dispute which is obviously by a third party such as Lexis Nexis who is only verifying social, name, and date of birth and not all of the incorrect information. Do I have a case??? How do I go about this? Should I go Pro Se, and if so, how do I begin? I have just sent them a MOV letter, but from what I have read in this forum, they always send out a general letter as a response. Anybody have any suggestions?

although I called the Courthouse and the Courthouse said that even if the Liabilities and docket number are slightly incorrect, as soon as they verify my social security number and name, they leave it on my report.

That's great considering the courts don't do the verifying - companies like Lexis Nexis do.

Further, the court clerk is not the resident expert on the FCRA. How could they possibly know what's acceptable and what's not? They're not even included in something as mundane as the dispute process.

Keep your question to court clerks limited to how to fill out paperwork. :wink:

Well, a Transunion rep actually called me at my house and then told me to hold while she called the US Bankruptcy Courthouse and then came back on the phone saying they verified my social, name, and date of birth and because of that it will stay on my report. So, even though I sent a MOV letter, is that a proper method of verification if they respond about the phone call a supervisor made to the courthouse?

Are you sure she didn't run off for coffee and just feed you a line?

You really think a $9 an hour phone jockey is going to call the BK court clerk, who then has to drop what they're doing to dig up your information, and these two confirmed the information with each other as if the BK clerks are sitting around doing nothing right now with the flood of recent BK's but wait for a TU rep to call? .... all while you're on hold? :?

If this rep actually confirmed all that information, why didn't the rep fix the error in the way the docket's reporting while they were at it?

I actually asked her that and she said the docket number is not a problem because she can obviously verify the information by my social. She also says she has no problem in finding all my information in some system that she says is directly connected electronically with the courthouse. She said she verified with both and that I will be receiving a letter in the mail with the results saying that it was verified. I went ahead and sent the MOV letter even though its probably not going to do me any good. And to make matters worse, the attorney told me that he doesn't bother taking cases to federal or state courts for $1000 violations. He said he doesn't see the big deal with what I am saying and that he's too busy for people like me that make big situations out of small ones!!!!!!!! JERK

Bottom line - if the rep really had all this neat stuff (which they don't) the entry would have been fixed. The docket information would have popped up, and the rep would have said, "let's fix the docket information so this lady will stop calling".

There is no "direct connection" to the courthouse. It's called PACER - and THAT's not proper procedure to verify a dispute either.

Top that off with the fact that TU sends their dispute offshore for processing, and you can see where this is going.

Stop believing everything you're told. :)

And yes, you need something more than a wrong digit to sue. An attorney is not going to waste their time on that. You're doing that right now. Improper procedure, refusal to answer your MOV (which will come up in the near future I predict)...

now that simple misplaced digit (which is kinda important really - since CASES ARE ARRANGED BY DOCKET, duhhhh, you can be mixed up with somebody else - especially when you add this shoddy crud the rep just pulled) has become something bigger than just a measley oversight on their part.

I meant the notations the rep puts in the system.

If your account is red-flagged (aka "special handling department), you have one phone number to call and one rep to work with. Your account is basically locked.

You can accomplish this by threatening the CRA's with litigation. That's why if you send them an ITS, you'd be best served if you follow up on it.