U can get your credit score (from exp) for FREE, really

obxdude

I've been using True credit to monitor my credit and scores and for bumping. My sister wanted her scores but, didn't want to pay so i searched and found this.

https://www.freecreditreport.com/

It is easy to sign up and they give you your experian report AND score for free during the 30 day trail period. The site is from experian. You do have to put in your CC info.

I told my sister that they are going to make it very hard to cancel and she would have to call and wait on the phone forever. BUT, to my surprise, it was just as easy to cancel.

All you have to do is email them at

Support@FreeCreditReport.com

and type in cancel.

We signed up and then cancel. The next morning we got an email saying sorry to see you go.

PS i am sure they will get that folks are signing up and canceling and end the 30 day trail soon.

Also, true credit had my experian score as 589 (the lowest I have) but Experian has my experian score at 650. Sounds better to me althought I don't know who to believe anymore :D

You need to throw freecreditreport.com in the search here, and see what comes up. They are ANYTHING but free. I suggest that you use TrueCredit.com, CreditExpert.com or MyFico.com. You'll pay, sure, but you'll get better service and less hassles. Do a search around this site for those sites as well. There are promo codes for those services, and you'll save some $$$$.

It was ABSOLUTELY FREE. I signed up, got my credit report and score (I really wanted the score) and then canceled. It was easy to sign up and easier to cancel. I canceled the same day and received an email confirmation. I just wanted to share this information in case other people wanted a their free report and score. If you don't cancel within 30 days then you will have to pay.

I have to say that I used this service once too. I work in a call center so I knew all the tricks -- when I cancelled, I got the rep's name, their supervisor's name, a confirmation number, their extension/operator number, and any other information I could get. I immediately called back and asked for the status of my account and got it confirmed that it was cancelled, and got all of the information again.

I watched my statements like a hawk... nothing. I'm sure that there are bad customer service reps out there because they put me through several customer retention questions, but I just said "sorry, no thanks" and was polite and got what I wanted.

I wouldn't advise it in general since it is kind of a hassle and the last thing you want to have to do is mess with unwanted charges if you're cleaning up your credit... but it did work for me.