How long do they have to respond?

lisa8888

I sent a request to validate a debt to Experian, I was turned into collections about 5 years ago, and paid it. But it was still showing unpaid on my report. My report doesnt name the Collections Agency, so I sent a letter to the CB to validate the debt. Its been almost 30 days and still havent heard anything.

Is there a certain time limit they have to respond in?

I couldn't DV the CA because I dont know who they are. The company that turned me into collections doesnt show me in their system at all. My credit report shows "unknown". So I had to go thru the CB.

I did send it certified mail, and know they got it because my credit score dropped and it shows "re-investigating in progress"

So I should give it a few more weeks before checking further into this?

Thanks

The CRA is required to provide you with the name, address, and telephone number of the furnisher of information by law. If they don't have that info, then they must delete the entry. Why? Because if they don't have contact info on the furnisher, how can they verify the accuracy of the entry when you dispute it?