Its just a loop.1 CA deletes and then another CA reports...

tmac01

You know I'm getting am little tired of working my tail off to have a collection deleted only to have it reinserted by another Bastard CA. I have had a Fingerhut account now with 3 different Cas....I checked my CR yesterday and I had a Collectech account deleted as of today it has been reinserted by Palisades...don't they have 5 days to notify me ?

You're correct. Under the new FACTA provisions, a furnisher of information has to contact and advise you if they are reporting negative information to your CR.

If the Fingerhut account is not legit, what I'd do is contact Fingerhut and hold them responsible for FCRA violations.

I thought Fingerhut was gone now with someone else taking over their debt and selling off all accounts. Either way, as to your question, though the TL was deleted by one, and inserted by another, it is legit, unless the new one is a part of the prior. There, you would have an argument. NCO is an example, especially if you have communicated with them in any fashiopn. What happens is that a JDB, which are who handle Fingerhut today, make an attempt to collect. Without any response from you, they put it up for sale again and, on to the next JDB. This will continue until they get fed up, you pay, or it just disappears. Remember, they are looking for the percentage of consumers who have no idea of their rights under the laws and will pay in full on first contact, whether by phone or mail.