Ok, What do I do next with Asset Acceptance.

abennett

Ok I sent Asset Acceptance a letter on September 30th, for a debt validation. They responded with some crapy letter basically stating that this is what they say you owe and this is what your account number is. Not a proper validation at all. It had the original creditors name, the account number the interest and the balance. The same thing they send you in the mail when they ask you to pay it. They said they have requested information from the original creditor. I sent them another letter on Nov. 3 stating it was not proper validation and so forth. They sent me another letter stating. This is your balance, we are trying to make a settlement put a check mark here, here, so we can resolve this issue and so you can make payment arrangements. Ok what do I do next. During this time I disputed with the credit agency and it came back and verified. On top of it all, they are still trying to collect and it is past the staue of limitations. What do I do. The account should drop off in 1/99, but it looks like on my Experian report they reaged the accoount for it to stay on for another 3 years. What next!

Well what I do have is my credit reports which show the original date of last activity from 3 years ago and just recently it was changed. I also have a copy of the last payment they recieved. In addition what can I do in reference to the letters that I have sent them and the letters that I have recieved from them. Isn't it against the law for them to report to the credit bureaus if they have not validated the account. I do have the documentation as far as the certified letter and so forth. The account is for $399.00 and the 7 years will be up in January. But it doesn't seem like they are budging. And also how is the credit agency validating the account when the collection agency has yet to do so.

I have a smiliar problem with Asset. Had a CC debt that was c/o for $1500.00. Asset bought the debt. They raised it to over $1700.00. I started making payments (before reading this site), I have made the payments every month for 22 months. I sent them a letter for payment history on Sept 28th (they signed for it). Never received a reply. I just sent the a DV. Waiting for the CMRRR card to come back. I disputed with TU on the Asset TL. I am going to contact TU tomorrow to get a copy of the verification. With my debt they re-aged it. The deiquency was in late 1998. The account was closed by the OC in Feb. 1999.

Asset is a bunch of a$$es.