Wow, another credit increase

Well, after Target gave me a big increase ($200 to $6500 by switching from my guest card to Target Visa), my Lane Bryant card has followed suit and moved me from $500 to $640 without even asking. I logged in to the web site to pay my balance and it let me know I was increased!

This has been a good card for me -- for awhile it was the card with the highest credit limit, until I got my Orchard card, which helped me get the Target increase.

Woo woo!! :D:D:D:D

I wish I could tell you, but because I'm trying very hard to control spending now (and I'm out of the real danger zone) I haven't run my scores lately.

Target Guest cards are pretty easy to get -- I had two 90 day lates current, not paid, when I applied (young/stupid). Still got approved for $300 limit off the bat, knocked down to $200 when I was a few days late on my first payment (again, young/stupid).

After about two or three years of good payment history (about half the time idle, no payments) they sent me the $6500 Target Visa. I didn't actually apply for it, they just sent it with the offer saying I was already approved. Sure enough, I was!

This was after I was approved for Orchard and Lane Bryant, which in turn was about a year after getting a secured card through Chase. Target was definitely the first card I was really careful with though.

How often did you use it and how long did they take to increase it? DW and I use her Target Guest card every month. We spend about $180 worth of stuff and then pay it off right then and there at Guest Services. That has been going on for about 3 months now.

I would say that in the approx. 2-3 years I had it, I had a charge on the card about 1/3 of the time, and usually $50 or less. However about 6 months before getting the Target Visa, I radically increased my spending at Target due to moving near a SuperTarget and doing all of my grocery shopping there.

My other credit status also increased significantly during that time as well.