Sorry,new here but having a problem.

LadySunshine

First off, HELLO!! Cole introduced me to this site and I must say its WONDERFUL! I can't begin to tell you how much I have learned so far from what I have read. Ok here is the second part...the problem...

I had a debt with Capital Accounts, LLC. When I received the VERY first notice I called them over the phone to ask them where I would pay to since I knew that it was valid. It was an unpaid doctor bill. They gave me the information I needed and I asked for them to mail me an actual bill for me to pay.

Once I received the bill, I took care of it immediately. When I spoke to them on the phone, they agreed with me that it would NOT show up on my credit report as long as it was taken care of... guess what... guess WHERE IT IS??

Now it shows its paid, and closed, but its making a negative strike on my score and report! What can I do to get them to remove this?? I dont want to just call them since I prefer to do this in writing... very new at this and unsure of how all this works.

thank you soo much for the help! :)

:)++ I'm pretty new here too. Lots of good people and great info.

From what I have read, once you pay you loose leverage with these CA's. You should have asked for this in writing. I would probably call them and ask why they did this. Of course, the CA will probably have a sudden memory loss. :hmmmmm:

Maybe someone else can chime in with better advice.

What you could do is send a dispute letter to the CRA's. Claim it as not yours for the first time. I say to do it this way now because it is "CHOD" season. Since it is the holiday period, many employees are on vacation, or off, whatever. This causes them to be short on help. Since they must respond within the 30 days, many times they do not receive a response, so they automatically delete the TL. At the same time, the CA may just decide to not respond. You would be surprised how many get things deleted this time of year.