andyb

Will Afni delete?

Hi Everyone, Its been awhile since I have been on here thanks to a good score. TU 680, EX 687, EXP ? I have 1 more collection from Afni. I had a phone conversation with them 6 months ago and asked them to send info from original creditor. No response until now. Never got anything from them. The debt is 1655.00 which seems to be about 4 times the original debt. They wanted to settle for half which is still alot more than owed but I would be willing to pay if they would delete TL which would probably put me in the 700 club. What are my chances of them deleting or verifying the debt if I decide to go that way?? Anyone??

I'm not sure as I have never dealt with them. There are two things you could try, or wait for someone who has dealt with them.

1. If the debt is legit and still within the SOL, send them an offer of

settlement for the beginning amount, plus $25, and they delete the

TL. Tell them you are aware they are a JDB and only paid pennies on

the dollar for the debt. They will counter with a higher amount.

Counter again until you feel good about the amount. Bre sure to

stipulate they must agree in writing to deleting the TL before you remit

any payment.

2. If debt is past the SOL, send them an offer of $.10 on the dollar, and a

deletion. You would make it clear the debt is timebarred and they

have no legal recourse to the debt. Also inform them you are aware

they are a JDB who purchased the debt for pennies on the dollar. In

short, they must take your offer or you will sever all communication.

They will more than likely counter. Then, you will counter back at

$.25 as a final offer. Again, they must put it in writing they will delete

the TL before any remittance is sent.

was just a standard pay for delete letter.

Collection Agency

666 Evil Street

Hades, Hell 00000

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor

Account #: 00000xxxx

Amount: $25.00

To Whom It May Concern:

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) will be sent to Collection Agency in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

Collection Agency agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicity agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Name

Address