voluntary house payment allowed to be reported?

spoiler

Unless you are behind/late on your payments, the mortgage servicer cannot report negative information on the account.

Keep in mind that mortgages are the one thing you NEVER want to get negatives on because of this part of the FCRA:

Section 605(B) Exempted Cases:

(1) a credit transaction involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a principal amount of $150,000 or more;

This means there is no 7 year reporting limit on loans over $150,000. The records can stay visible in your file forever.

let me explain a little why I am asking this question. I started on the road to credit repair and when I checked my report (which suprise suprise :roll: is full of wrong info.) I have 2 different tl for my mortage. The first is before bankruptcy which is showing that it has a zero balance and that it is IIB. The second is showing the last 6 months as paid on time. But I am making a voluntary payment. So my question is...is it possible to even report negitive information? If I am paying voluntarily then I don't actually have a due date...I don't get a late fee...so how can I get a 30 day late?

If I can't get a 30 day late then what is the point of them even reporting?? not that I am unhappy about this right now I think it's helping my score...but it might come back and bite me in the future.

Would apreciate any help!

As I said, if you are making payments and the account is current, then no they cannot report negative info. The IIB is an error and the CRA needs to remove it.

Send a dispute letter tot he CRA telling them that that account was not IIB and that the IIB line is a duplicate to the correct line which is reporting satisfactory payments.

No, the IIB is NOT an error. The OP didn't reaffirm the mortgage, that means it was DISCHARGED along with the other debts. The OP is only allowed to keep the house because he/she is making the payments. They can NOT report late payments on a discharged debt.

Sounds like they changed the account number to report your payment history, but they still couldn't report a negative - the status of the debt remains as DISCHARGED, regardless of the account number.