Summary Judgement

Can someone please explain to me just what a summary judgement is? I am being sued by citi bank for cc debt and we had calendar motions yesterday. I noticed that when the judge was going down the list setting the calendar for next week, she would call out the name of the plaintiff and then the defendant, then she scheduled the case on her calendar. I never heard her ask if if either was there, most of the time, the plaintiffs attorney would stand and make a motion or comment. When she got to my case, she called my name asked if I was there and personally told me that my case would be heard on Monday morning, she said thats when summary judgements are usually heard. So, have I missed something here or not? Is a summary judgement different than regular judgement. Sorry, I'm a legal dummie...:-P

Thanks

Thanks ghacorp. So is there any point in me showing up Monday since they have copies of statements? They have credit card agreements that I've never seen before and the amount is not what it's supposed to be. My defense is that I"ve tried to set up payment arrangements on the amount that I know it to be, they refused to accept what I could afford and then didn't send another statement, that was 11 months ago. What they are trying to get is over 2500.00 ore than the amount I owe plus costs and attorney fees. So is a summary judgement a guaranteed win for them? Would it matter whether I show up or not?

Thanks for input here....:)

Had my day in court, they got their judgement. The judge told me I could call the attorney's office and make payment arrangments. She said they would work with me to find an amount I could afford. Does this mean they won't try to put a lein on my house, which is in both mine and my husbands name, or freeze my checking account, which is in both our names also. I appreciate all of your help getting ready for court. Even though they got their judgement, I feel things went pretty smoothly. The judge let me say everything I wanted andshe even let me ask her questions.

Thanks again for your help!

Not too sure about info specific to your state, but in general if a judgment was made against you and if you have a joint bank account you should close the account so the other person's money will not be grabbed. A lien can be place against you and recorded in your recorder's office to place a lien on any current or future property. Read up on protecting your assets after a judgment.