11 year old NYS unemployment over payment fighting for years

legend

Is there a SOL on unemployment compensation in NYS? About every other year sometimes every 3 years I would get this letter from them and I would have to call and go through the paperwork I have on this to clear it up. Now they are saying the amount is around $850.00?

It was $429 in 1997 and I paid them to stop the fact that it came up every other year. Now I am getting a bill showing I owe more and this is back in 1994 and 1997?

This has never showed up on my credit nor is it now, and never a judgment of any kind, its just so agravating. So I am curious if anyone here has run into this before>?

Thank you all so much for everything I have learned.

Jenn

Overpaid UI benefits are not that much different than a tax lien. It is debt owed to the government. There is no SoL on it.

The concern is that you apprently have already paid this and it appears that they are having trouble keeping their records straight. I would investigate the matter through a civil rights attorney. It should not be your responsibility to "clear the matter up" every couple of years...and this is bordering upon harassment.